EPI – An Introduction
Engineering Projects (India) Limited (EPI), a Central PSU, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Govt. of India is a cohesive body of professionals, having vast experience of undertaking multidisciplinary projects & infrastructure development projects on turnkey basis i.e. from concept to commissioning in India & overseas. EPI was incorporated in the year 1970 for execution of high technology projects in the sectors like industrial, process plants, material handling and electrical projects etc. EPI is a ‘Mini Ratna’ company and possess following certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- OHSAS 18001:2007
- ISO 27001:2013.
Today, it is ranked as the frontrunner Prime Contracting and Project Management Consultancy Company and has extended its mark of excellence not only in India, but in the overseas market as well. EPI has secured and executed many multidisciplinary projects in India & abroad. EPI’s country wide operations are taken care of by its Corporate Office at New Delhi and its five regional offices (RO) at NewDelhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata& Guwahati. Each of these offices functions as a separate profit center, with ample decentralization of executive and decision-making powers at the RO level itself. The following are the objectives of EPI:
- Focus and Maintain business in its most profitable segments while expanding into new business segments.
- Attract and retain the best people and known as the place where the Best engineers choose to be.
- Deliver exceptional client service with an unrelenting focus on value creation.
- Pursue operational excellence with a strong focus on quality and margins.
- To continuously upgrade and adopt all technological advancements to meet the growing needs of customers.
- To enhance competitive spirit of the organization through principles of continuous learning and empower to perform.
- To stride on the path of growth by adding every possible value to our service in pursuit of long term relations with all our clients.
EPI has a fairly diverse portfolio of services in a wide range of section, but major portion of profit comes from civil construction projects. With constant thrust on growth, EPI continues to explore diversified frontiers. It is also expanding its overseas footprints. The acquisition of infrastructure projects in Oman, Myanmar and Sri Lanka validates EPI’s focus on exploring new geographical and technological frontiers even further.
As a prime Consultancy & Contracting Company, EPI has proven its expertise and experience in virtually every sector. The range of services provided includes:
- Perimeter Security Solutions
- Feasibility Studies
- Detailed Project Reports
- Supply of Plant & Equipment
- Quality Assurance
- Civil & Structural Works
- Erection, Trial Run and Commissioning
- Training of Supervisors & Operators
- Operation & Maintenance
- Overall Project Management
In light of the changing market place, EPI is exploring possibilities to enter into tie ups in project execution with renowned experienced associates. Presently, EPI is making efforts to diversify in following areas as well:
- Urban Transportation (MRTS).
- City Surveillance Projects.
- Oil & Petrochemicals Projects.
- Ports/ inland waterways.
- Green building
- Prefabrication/precast technology
Keeping in view the various Government of India initiatives/policies such as Ease of doing business, relaxation in FDI norms, Make in India etc., EPI has entered/is entering into MOUs with various suitable entities for securing works in infrastructure development sector.
To secure business, EPIL constantly scans the opportunities across various geographies such as Maldives, Malaysia, Qatar, Bangladesh, Kuwait, Nepal, KSA and African Countries as part of its international expansion.
Process Quality Checks
EPI is proud to be one of the first few companies to have been awarded integrated certification for Quality Management and the Environment Management System
ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 for all its areas of operation, OHSAS 18001:2007 for Corporate Office and ISO 27001:2013. To conclude, it can be envisioned that EPI will continue to contribute to Nation Building by strengthening the infrastructure fabric of the country as well as continue to enhance its soft power by developing infrastructure of our friendly countries. The priority in the coming years will be to consolidate our core competencies as well as venture into new areas based on the demands of the dynamics infrastructure scenarios.