Grundfos is a global leader in advanced pump solutions and a trendsetter in water technology, has become the first organization in the water solutions sector to receive full validation of its 2050 net-zero target from the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi), a climate action organization that enables companies to set greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets grounded in science. SBTi also validated the company’s near-term 2030 emission reduction targets.
Grundfos runs its operation in the Maldives with the help of an Authorized Channel partner. The Maldives market is handled through Grundfos India. Grundfos started its Indian operations in the year 1998. The company has two production facilities in India, one in Chennai (headquarters) and another in Gujarat. Grundfos India is also responsible for business in Bangladesh, Bhutan Nepal along with Maldives.
Grundfos is also one of the world’s leading pump manufacturers with an annual production of more than 17 million pump units. The company’s main products include circulator pumps for heating and air-conditioning as well as other centrifugal pumps for the industry, water supply, sewage, and dosing. Grundfos is one of the first companies to release a brand-new generation of pumps with a state-of-the-art piping system that guarantees the optimal utilization of power and energy. A startling 10% of the energy is used worldwide by pumps and about 10% to 15% of all operational expenses in commercial buildings are related to energy prices. Grundfos is dedicated to keeping at the forefront of technological development, introducing truly innovative solutions for the benefit of its customers.
Grundfos pumps offer complete connection and integrated system intelligence. The pump control is made simpler by their capacity to connect with your smartphone and any building monitoring system may completely incorporate them as part of the communication package. Grundfos’ E-pumps with integrated frequency converters are designed with total control, customer convenience, and environmental sustainability in mind. When it comes to managing the wastewater flow in commercial buildings like hotels, shopping malls, hospitals, etc. Grundfos has a wide range of wastewater pumps to even handle solid waste through grinder pumps.
Grundfos is working towards helping industries and corporates save both energy and water not only through its highly energy-efficient products but also through the energy and water audits it conducts. These audits are a complete system analysis of energy and water consumption. Post the analysis the energy audit team recommends the best solutions to right-size the systems; thereby helping conserve both these resources.
The Company has expanded its services beyond product offerings to provide comprehensive service solutions for facilities management. This includes preventive maintenance programs, remote monitoring and diagnostics, energy optimization, and training programs for customers. Grundfos has also embraced digitalization and data-driven solutions to optimize pump performance, minimize downtime, and improve operational efficiency to customers.
Grundfos continuously drives innovation and develops new technologies that can have a positive impact on global climate changes. Here are some of the solutions which would help to address the key challenges:
- Energy-efficient and variable speed pump solutions: Grundfos state-of-the-art IE5 motors and controls together with patented algorithms offer incremental savings of up to 25% when compared to standard motors of the same capacity.
- Disinfection systems: Grundfos OXIPERM Pro – Chlorine dioxide disinfection systems can help facilities ensure a safe and reliable water supply while minimizing the use of chemicals and energy. These disinfection systems have an impact on biofilm formation in cooling towers which results in enhancing heat transfer efficiency and overall OPEX.
- Renewable energy systems: Grundfos solar water solutions provide a reliable water supply for remote communities and informal settlements. Grundfos delivers a safe, reliable water supply, eliminates energy costs, and offers climate-friendly independence from power grids. No matter what the application, solar water solutions provide unmatched flexibility for an economically and environmentally sustainable water supply.
- Artificial intelligence and data analytics: Grundfos Machine Health provide real-time actionable insights into the health of your pumps and systems. Data is collected through wireless sensors and securely stored in a user-friendly cloud-based platform, always enabling remote visibility and reliability insights.
- Grundfos Connect : Grundfos Connect is a cost-effective alternative based on SaaS model to more costly legacy SCADA systems. It is a simple subscription-based software allowing you to access, monitor and control your pumps and pumping systems. GUC gives you full asset visibility, alarms and remote management 24/7.
With these commitments at the core, we believe our innovative products and services can play a key role in driving this vision, helping customers around the globe to achieve sustainable and efficient water management practices for a better future.